Sunday 16 June 2019

Azhagaane Iravil- A Beautiful Love Journey By Ruvela


It has been a couple of months since I wrote something, and I can’t just express the happiness I am having right now to be back in front of my laptop and writing back again. I have been on a little hiatus from writing recently, but today I saw a music video which I thought I should pen down some thoughts and share it to you.

The Malaysian Tamil Music scene has really been blossoming in recent years. Especially the Hip Hop & Rap genre ever since Yogi B & Natchathra went big and today we have the likes of PU4LYF and Sri Rascool rocking the international scenes.

Equally at the same time, the more melodious genre has been winning more fans as days goes by. Music Directors like Shameshan Mani Maran, Ztish & Varmman Elangkovan has been winning plaudits from the public in their recent feature film music work.

Along this genre, today I came across a newly released music video titled “Azhagaane Iravil” which literally means A Beautiful Night. Written, composed and sang by Ruvela, Azhagaane Iravil also has music & beats by Shane Xtreme and violin by Varmman Elangkovan with visuals by Soma Kathan. 

The music video is directed by Ruvela which stars himself along with Archana Ganesan and it is released by IBP Studios, who in the past did release the hit song titled “Pogiren” by Mugen Rao.



Many people knows Ruvela as a host and emcee while I myself know the man as an actor and singer through Ghora. It truly surprises me that Ruvela can also write lyrics, compose and direct too as you can see from this music video. That is a lot of talent for one man to have and I have to congratulate you for being a jack of all trades.

Now coming to the music video itself, what I like about it is how the portrayal of the relationship that was shown. The beautiful chemistry shared by Ruvela and Archana further elevates the love that the character shares in the story line. The music video starts off with Ruvela sharing through a video call to Archana on how she came into his life and made him a better and successful man and there is so much love between the characters during the dialogue exchange. But there is where darkness hits them. Couple of masked men break into her house and Ruvela rushes to her place.

From here on, the songs starts and the visuals shows the type of relationship which they have which is something any individual would love to have. It is a very mature and loving relationship which has lots of fun and kiddish moments too. Maturity and fun is such a powerful combination in a relationship and I appreciate the concept chosen by Ruvela.

Throughout the visuals, the songs goes on and the we reach the end whereby we learn the fate that has landed upon Archana. This part was really painful to watch yet so beautiful composed and captured by the team. Well done Azhaganee Iravil team. The climax was my favorite moment in the whole music video.

What also I loved is that in the space of 6 minutes, Ruvela manages to make me forget that something terrible has happened to Archana and brought to a very beautiful pleasant visual and story line only to come back to that dark moment. To achieve this type of journey in the viewers mind within a 7 minutes time frame is something I will applaud. Well done again.

Everyone who knows me knows that I am no expert in the Tamizh language, but I will leave you with this one line from the song which has made a real impact on me.

Yen Piranthen, yena kettu kettu thedinen, Nee vanthathum, yen piravi payanum adainthathe

Click the link below for music video on YouTube


Digi Caller Tunes : Part 1 - Type CT [space] 1357785 & SMS to 20000 Part 2 - Type CT [space] 1357786 & SMS to 20000 Part 3 - Type CT [space] 1357787 & SMS to 20000 U Mobile Caller Tunes : Part 1 - Type CRM [space] 9029840 & SMS to 28383 Part 2 - Type CRM [space] 9029841 & SMS to 28383 Part 3 - Type CRM [space] 9029842 & SMS to 28383 Maxis Caller Ringtones : Part 1 - Dial *131*630444# and press Call/Send Part 2 - Dial *131*630445# and press Call/Send Part 3 - Dial *131*630446# and press Call/Send Celcom Caller Tunes : Part 1 - Dial *323*318237# and press Call/Send Part 2 - Dial *323*318238# and press Call/Send Part 3 - Dial *323*318239# and press Call/Send Tunetalk Caller Tunes : Part 1 - Type TUNE [space] BUY [space] 318237 & SMS to 22990 Part 2 - Type TUNE [space] BUY [space] 318238 & SMS to 22990 Part 3 - Type TUNE [space] BUY [space] 318239 & SMS to 22990 Listen to Azhagaane Iravil on : Spotify : https://open.spotify.com/album/0J0XRF... Apple Music & iTunes : https://itunes.apple.com/my/album/azh...


No comments:

Post a Comment