Thursday 23 July 2015

5 of The Greatest Athlete of My Era

I was going through one the Arsenal Facebook group and I came across this interesting post by one of the member. He ask us to name 5 of the greatest athlete you have watch during your time. It was interesting and quickly catching on with the rest of the members and that got me wanting to write a post here .

*Note: I can't choose people like Pele as I never watch him play and he is not someone from my time


Michael Schumacher
 

Without a doubt the greatest driver to grace the Formula 1 sports industry. The rain master was in a class of is own during his prime in the sports. He is the 7 time world champion and still the most successful driver in the industry. He once dominated the sports so well, whereby he won 5 consecutive world championship. He is also known as the Master of Rain, where he often wins races in wet condition with ease. He is one of the biggest reason why I follow this sports today and why I love Ferrari. Get well Schumi!
Thierry Henry
During my time, I am blessed to watch many great footballers in action and watch all those fantastic goals. Among those who I've watched, Thierry Henry will always be the greatest and most complete center forward to have grace the sport. The guy can score, assist, dribble and take your breath away at lighting pace with the goals against Liverpool and S*purs where he just ran through those players as if they were invincible. Indeed Henry was invincible and part of a team that went on 49 games unbeaten. Henry represents what the beautiful game us all about. He makes football so much of joy to watch. A hallmark of any great player is to have rival club fans adoring him and yes I've known of many United and Liverpool fans who hold Henry at high regard. A real legend of the game

Roger Federer 

I don't usually follow tennis as intensely as how I follow football. The only time I watch tennis is only during the 4 Grand Slams and usually from the Quarter-Final Stage onwards. Having said that, I am pleased to say that I was alive to watch the greatest ever tennis player of all time play. When comes to tennis, no one comes close to the great FED-EX. He makes tennis looks so simply on the eye as he changes pace and those backhands. A true great of the sports. 17 Grand Slam tittles and spent 302 weeks consecutively as world number 1. Both this records are still to be broken and he is still competitive in his game despite aging up and recently once again made it to the final of his beloved Wimbledon Open. I can't wait for the moment he clinches his 18th Grand Slam. I believe there is still one more Grand Slam left in him

Lionel Messi



Some might say that Christiano Ronaldo is the greatest player in the world. Well that is only true because The Great Lionel Messi is from another planet. For me, he is the greatest player of all time, surpassing players like Pele and Maradona. The only thing he has not won in his professional career is the World Cup and Copa America, which he has successfully made it to the final. That is the only thing they have against him. Putting that aside, Lionel Messi is an upgrade of Ronaldhino. They make you fall in love with the beautiful game all over again. The way he plays makes you think you are actually playing FIFA. Such is his class and skills. He does things which makes you lose your mind. A master of beautiful goals and a great team player. He loves assisting as much as he loves scoring. He has rewritten the history of football and he can only get better. Lionel Messi, the greatest ever footballer. 

Nicol David

Squash may not be the most popular game in the world but it is one tough and intense game. It is not as easy as it looks like and I am so proud to say that the person who is ruling the female category of squash is our very own Malaysian Star Nicol David. 108 consecutive months currently as world number 1 and has 8 world open tittles to her name. She is the face of squash and a true icon of the game. If only squash were to be part of the Olympic Games, Malaysia would have won their first ever gold medal, because Nicol David can be very unbeatable.


No comments:

Post a Comment