Thursday 6 September 2018

Decoding Sheezay



In a couple of days’ time, Mojo Project’s MILFF 2018 is set to happen. September 8th is a date not to be missed by all music lovers in Malaysia, as one the biggest concerts is set to come to life. Happening from 5.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. at Starxpo Centre, KWC Fashion Mall in KL, MILFF (short for Malaysian Independent Live Fusion Festival) will see a great line up of top class musicians set to entertain Malaysians with a variety of music.

Talented musicians such as Andrea Jeremiah, Benny Dayal, Sean Roldan, veenai maestro Rajhesh Vaidhya and many more is set to entertain the crowd for more than six hours. Those who had attended the last two MILFFs in 2016 and 2017 knows well enough that MILFF 2018 is going to raise the bar of excellence up.

Despite being a real fanboy of Andrea, one of the biggest reason that I am very excited about MILFF 2018 is because one of my favourite Malaysian record label, PU4LYF is will share the main stage with the Indian stars.

I am a firm believer that our musicians are just as good as any other musicians in the world and as much as it is amazing to watch musicians from India perform live for us, I have always wanted to see a Malaysian base group get a full slot in a major gig like MILFF. Looks like 2018 is a lucky year indeed as that dream is set to happen with PU4LYF at MILFF 2018.

With less than a week to go to this grand show, I had a chance to catch up with a member of PU4LYF. He is none other than Sheezay. Sheezay is well known and established as a rapper and is well known among his fans for hit songs “Saage Poren”, “Vai Lapalam” and “Bayappadaathey” from Acham Thavir.

I had the opportunity to ask him a couple of questions and below is a transcript of our interview. Happy reading!


Sukesh: How did you get yourself into singing as a career? It is said that you started performing from an age of 8. Is that true?

Sheezay: My first stage performance was when I was eight, and back then I didn't know that I could actually sing. The claps and praises that I got from my teachers and friends at the end of my performance were something I didn’t expect, and I clearly remember one of my teacher’s saying that I should sing more in future.

I never anticipated that one day I would become a full time musician because I had no idea how things worked in this industry back then. The only thing that I had in my mind was that I wanted to succeed and make my parents proud.

Fast forward years later, and here I am today! A lot of people fail because they give importance to fame first, they don’t put in the work. For me fame is just an empty bubble, I’m more into winning.




Sukesh: I think it is great to see that you are passionate about winning. What was the song that first gave you a breakthrough and made you well known with the Malaysian audience?”

Sheezay: I would say Gettho Disco from Rabbit and Friends 1 and Rockaboy from Kambathu Rapper.”


Sukesh: “You have sung for both Kollywood and Malaysian Film. What is the difference from both these experience?”

Sheezay: “The only challenge that we would face singing for a Kollywood movie is that sometimes you wouldn’t know which actor you will be laying your vocals for. That’s what happened on my experience for my collaboration with GV Prakash, I had limited information and all I knew was I would be doing dance song, only after the final changes on the lyrics I knew it was for Vijay’s Thalaiva.

Local movies are relatively easier to work on because the director or the composers knows what they actually want and if there’s any amendments needs to be done, it can be done immediately.”


Sukesh: “Vijay fans out there reading this is surely going to love the fact that you have landed your voice for him before. What genre of song do you feel best suits you and are you open to experiment with different genres?”

Sheezay: “I love rap music, and yes I have done few songs on different genres like Rock, POP and so on. I usually don’t limit myself to the genera of music  usually saturated with and plus music trend changes every 6 months, so as a musician I believe that you have to also adapt to the changes accordingly to enhance our learning in this field.”


Sukesh: “It’s been a long wait for us to see a Malaysian band get a full slot in MILFF, and this year PU4LYF are having a gig here. What can we anticipate from you guys?”

Sheezay: “I can assure you that this will be something really Unique. We are going all out. Come & witness that.”



Sukesh: “What is next for Sheezay after MILFF 2018?”

Sheezay: “Another single featuring Rabbit.Mac for my next album Kambathu Rapper 2 and I’ve also signed for a movie and the shoot is on progress. So that's new on my side.”


Sukesh: “What makes MILFF 2018 a special event not to be missed?”

Sheezay: “MILFF 2018 is one of the biggest and greatest event because they put together so many talented and well known musicians under one roof to give the best treat for the music lovers. There is nothing like this and there will be no other like it. It's a must experience for every music maniacs out there. No minus one, No miming and everything is live!!”

I came out of the interview feeling more thrilled than before and can’t wait to watch PU4LYF and all those other top musicians to perform live in front of us this Saturday, 8th September 2018 from 5.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m. at Starxpo Centre, KWC Fashion Mall in KL. Trust me this is one concert not to be miss!!!! See you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment