Friday 7 August 2015

Open Letter To School Students

Dear School Students,

I understand this is perhaps the most confusing phase in your life. You feel you are matured enough to make your decisions, but you parents think you are still a little child. I guess that's why you are called a teenager. You are stuck in the transition phase of being an adult and being a kid.

Trust me I know that feeling, I have been there before and the internal struggle can be very exhausting. There are many other issues that would take place during this phase such as managing your relationship, finding time to study, hanging out with friends and some even to smoke and drink or not. There are all big issues which you need to make the right decisions, but here I am going to focus on one issue and that is called PASSION

Dear students, have you decided what you want to do after your SPM or STPM or any course of such level. If you have decided, ask your self why have you chosen this course. Is it because your parents told you, or is it because your friends are doing it so you wanted to fit in or is it because it is your passion. I sincerely hope it is because of your passion, because if not you would regret this decision 5-10 years from now.

We all want to be successful in life and the key to it, is to do something you are passionate about. I am a chemical engineer and I chose it because I was passionate about. I knew since the age of 16, I wanted to be a chemical engineer. Thus I am on my path to success and I can see things falling right for me. But along my way I have seen many students struggling with engineering. You see it is not because there are not "smart enough" as perceived by others, it is simply because they are not passionate enough about it

2 years into engineering they realised they actually don't like it and their passion lies elsewhere. I've meet an engineering student who would make an excellent business C.E.O as his passion lies there. I have seen engineering student who would be an excellent photographer because his passion lies there. They would become good engineers but they would be successful and happy businessman and photographer if they were to have known their passion earlier and followed it

That is why I say, knowing your passion at this stage of your life can be the most crucial thing you decide in your life. Take a moment to reflect on your self. Identify your strength and weakness. See what interest you the most. Talk to people who are successful in the field you like. Learn from them the process. Place yourself in their shoes to see if you would enjoy the process. Because students, learning is suppose to be a fun process and it will only be fun if you are doing something you are passionate about.

So students go and find out your passion and work towards it!!!



Regards,
A guy who followed his passion

No comments:

Post a Comment